With the sun shining and the flowers blooming, it is time for some spring detox. Spring is a great time to get rid of all the toxins our body accumulated during the cold season and prepare it for the new wave. In this article you will discover the best detox vitamins and minerals which will help and sustain your body during the cleansing/ detoxification process.
What vitamins and minerals are important during detoxification?
A good cleanse should provide you with all the vitamins and minerals your body needs. Although it might not be necessary to take vitamins and minerals during your detox, there are some vitamins that might improve the results. These are:
Vitamin C has been proven to be a very powerful antioxidant.
Antioxidants are compounds found in food, which have the capacity to:
- help your body fight disease
- protect your body against free radicals
- minimize the oxidative damage to your body’s cells
- promote a healthy heart, thus reducing your chance of heart disease.
Incorporating vitamin C into your cleansing process will help you:
- improve your skin
- boost your immune system
- prevent anemia
Foods that include vitamin C and that you might want to consume during your detox:
2. Vitamin E
Vitamin E is also a very powerful antioxidant. Adding this to your purification will help you:
- balance your cholesterol
- repair skin damage
- improve the thickness and overall appearance of your hair
- keep your hormone levels in check
- improve your vision
- prevent Alzheimer’s disease
- lower your risk of cancer.
Foods rich in vitamin E are:
- sunflower seeds
- wheat germ
- butternut squash
Magnesium is important to our health because:
- offers mood support
- helps with the proper functioning of your nerves, muscles, and tissues
- supports your digestive system and helps to keep your bowels moving smoothly
- maintains bone density and strength
- supports your overall immune system
- provides energy
- helps to regulate your blood pressure
- supports your heart by assisting in maintaining the regulation of your heart rhythms
Foods containing magnesium are:
- dark chocolate
- nuts and seeds such as Brazil nuts, almonds, flax, and pumpkin seeds
- legumes, like black beans, kidney beans, and lentils
- leafy greens, including spinach and kale
Doing a cleansing once or twice a year could be extremely beneficial to your health. To ensure you stay healthy and active, it is important to take care of your organs and get rid of all the toxins your body accumulates throughout the year. Doing a detox/ cleanse is a good and efficient way to refresh your body.
Vitamin C, E and magnesium have some vital functions in our bodies. If you plan to start a detox, try and include these into your diet. It will help you maximise the benefits.
If you are looking for some cleansing recipes, you can check this website. Moreover, if you are looking to take care of your skin and you feel like eating some foods that will help you glow inside out, check this article. Until next time, take care of yourself xx.